Riding the elevator down 124 floors in one minute in Burj Khalifa - the world's tallest tower, gave me ear-ache. And except that, the experience was a hit.
A trip gives a 360-degree view of Dubai until the eyes can reach. Let me take you to a quick tour.
Downtown Burj and the Dubai Mall lake where the fountain shows are, turns like miniature replicas.
This is the Business Bay. A vast desert now turned into man-made lakes and buildings to long flyovers.
The road below leads to Dubai Media City and Abu Dhabi. The towering structures were not there when I first came here in Dubai five years ago.
See how they need to put overlapping roads to contain traffic. This is popularly referred to as Defense Roundabout or First Interchange by taxi drivers.
It's Sheikh Zayed Road towards Trade Center. This is within the Dubai Financial Center which they say has the most expensive office spaces in Dubai.
Along Al Wasl Road, the villas look like this.
This is viewing from inside the tower.
If you haven’t been into the experience yet, here’s some random notes you might consider:
- Fee is AED100/ adult and AED75/ child above three years for advance bookings.
- Otherwise, fee is AED400 for immediate admission
- Tickets are sold at the lower ground level of Dubai Mall
- Check their website http://www.atthetop.ae/ for other details
- People and bags are scanned at the entrance (just like at airports).
- They take your picture at the entrance to sell to you later. (I forgot, sort of AED60-100) in your exit
- Food is not allowed inside
- Bring chewing gum during the elevator ride
- There is no maximum time to stay at the top
- We were there for a good two hours
- No food is sold up there so be sure not to get hungry in the next two hours which could force you to leave earlier
- Photographers are available for somewhat AED 150/ two photos (I cant exactly remember, but that expensive so dont forget your camera.)
The Gremlin still asks us to revisit: “Mama and Papa, we’ll go to Burj Khalifa next time again?”. When we’ll have extra, then maybe we’ll view the fountain shows at night from up there =)
And by the way, the Gremlin's question for the day was "Why are the cars small?"
To say we went to the world's tallest tower (to date) was an experience.